Friday, October 1, 2010

My Neighboorhood

 As soon as I step out of my house on a typical summer day in the year 2010, I turned and see vehicles, trucks, motorcycles racing down my block. I see all that smoke, and yes its going way in the sky, which affects our ozone layer. This is known as the greenhouse effect. As I continue to walk down my block I see people throwing Burger King bags, candy wrappers, bottles, and newspapers scatter all over; in turn, leaving my neighborhood in complete disaster. When I look at people’s lawns, they are filled with garbage, along with the tall grass they haven’t cut in ages. Do people not care about their front yards? Is it that hard to keep our neighborhood clean?  People should be aware that by not doing simple things as picking up trash, that they are making OUR neighborhood look like a dumpster. With the very few trees that I see in my block, many of them are with graffiti. Now, I ask myself, are people not seeing what they are creating, an environment where everything looks like crap.

 As I continue to walk down my block I encounter a dead bird with mosquitoes eating its flesh meat on the sidewalk. I soon begin to think what could have caused this misfortune. But more importantly, I don’t understand why people see this, and don’t do anything about it. They should be proactive and dispose of it efficiently. When I was small, and I saw dead animals on the streets, I would call my mom and she would put it in a bag and throw it away. Now, I do it myself. This is what people should do; instead, I see people walking through it and ignoring it. 
As I am crossing the street , I see my alley. In my alley, I see blue and black garbage cans, but what infuriates me is that people don’t bother to dispose of their garbage properly. In the blue garbage cans, where it is only suppose to be recyclable materials, I see hazardous materials such as electronic waste, tires, foam packaging. It does not take more than ten minutes to categorize the waste, people are just plain lazy. They should stop being careless and become Eco-friendly in their neighborhood. People should reflect on how we are treating our neighborhood. They should have respect for the little nature found in our neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment